International Attendee Resource Center
Nearly 25% of SATELLITE 2017 attendees traveled from outside of the U.S. representing 100+ countries!
As technologies and solutions are transforming the way we live, work, and interact on a global scale, SATELLITE brings the market leading companies and brands behind this transformation together in one place. We invite you to join us for the most important global satellite communications event of the year and largest gathering of ALL markets in the satellite community.
The SATELLITE Conference and Exhibition provides our international participants an excellent venue for networking with prospective business partners, as well as maintain a current awareness of the issues and opportunities facing the global satellite-enabled communications marketplace.
Plan your trip to SATELLITE 2018 today:
- Register for SATELLITE 2018
- Request a Letter of Invitation
- Book your hotel
- View the 2018 Multi-lingual Brochure
For more information on pricing, visit Registration Packages and Pricing.
Traveling to Washington D.C.
There are three major international airports that service the metropolitan Washington DC area:
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
Approximately 35 miles west
Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI)
Approximately 42 miles north
Save up to 10% by booking your airfare through Delta Airlines with the meeting code (under Advanced Search) NMQKL.
- Super Shuttle – Transportation from Super Shuttle is available at all three airports. Super Shuttle offers shared rides, non-stop rides, black car service, and executive car service. Visit www.supershuttle.com for more pricing information and to book your ride!
- Taxi – All airports are served by the taxi transportation system. At the airport, proceed to the “Taxi Line” for assistance on getting a taxi to your final destination.
- Uber/Lyft – Rideshare services through Uber and Lyft are available in the Washington D.C. metro area. You can request Uber and Lyft rides at all three airport.
SATELLITE 2018 has reserved discounted rooms at several nearby hotels including Grand Hyatt Washington, Embassy Suites Convention Center, Marriott at Metro Center, and Westin Washington DC City Center. Book your hotel room now!
Navigating around the Convention Center
Don’t get lost at SATELLITE. Make sure you check out the Convention Center floor plan so you know where everything is and where you want to be!
Exploring Washington, D.C.
Did you know that your SATELLITE 2018 badge gives you exclusive discounts all around Washington, D.C.? All you have to do is present your SATELLITE 2018 badge to the vendor of your choice and you’ll get exclusive discounts to attractions, restaurants, retail, and tour deals! You can find more information on the Washington, D.C. Website.
U.S. Visa Information
Helpful quick links from the U.S. Department of State:
- Business Visa Center
- Learn how to apply for a business related (B-1) visitor visa
- Find your country’s embassies and consulates to find out how to make an interview appointment, pay the visa application fee, and much more
- Learn more about Business Travel to the United States on a visitor visa
- Frequently asked questions
To estimate how long you will have to wait to get an interview appointment to apply for a visa, please go to the Visa Wait Time web site.
Tips for a Successful Visa Interview
Request your letter of invitation and make your appointment for a visa interview early. Wait times for a visa interview can be several weeks or more in many countries, especially during peak travel periods. With this in mind, you are strongly urged to place your request for a letter of invitation to attend SATELLITE 2018 as soon as possible.
Here are some tips to make your visa interview successful:
- Request a letter of invitation from SATELLITE 2018. The sooner you request your letter of invitation, the better, as it may take longer to apply for a visitor visa.
- Schedule an appointment with your embassy as soon as you receive your visa. Make your appointment early as wait times can be long in some countries. Please request your letter of invitation before you make your appointment and make sure you have your letter available for your interview.
- Verify fees and requirements. Click here to find out about visa fees and methods of payment accepted by the embassy or consulate. The website also contains information on other requirements such as photographs.
- Show proof of “strong ties” that bind you to your country of residence. The consular officers conducting interviews look for proof that you will return to your country. Evidence of “strong ties” includes proof of business ownership or employment, social and family relationships.
- If you have traveled to the U.S. previously, provide documentation demonstrating that you returned to your country on time. Use an airline ticket stub or boarding pass to show your return flight or meeting materials that show you attended a business conference as proof that you returned within the timeframe you stated.
- With your application, include any materials SATELLITE 2018 may have sent you. Include with your application any printed conference materials you received from SATELLITE 2018 to prove that the conference and exhibition is a legitimate business event.
- Present your entire trip itinerary with your application. Include any plans you may have to travel to any countries other than the United States, at the time of visa application.